So, I’ve been doing a lot of writing today, but I’m an idiot and thought it was Tuesday. It took me until 8pm to realise I had the wrong day because I am a genius. This isn’t going to be a particularly long or interesting post but it will help you get to know me better at least: I’m doing the reading habits tag!
1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
My room, but it’s not something I think about.
2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
Okay, this may get me killed, but if I can’t find anything to use as a bookmark I do fold the corners of pages. Scraps of paper and receipts are probably more common markers than bookmarks in my books though – I lose them too easily!
3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/ a certain amount of pages?
I like to stop on a 5 or a 0 page if not a chapter. It just feels neat and it’s easier to remember if I lose my page for whatever reason.
4. Do you eat or drink while reading?
Yes – I don’t like crumbs in the pages but I do eat while I read. I hate myself, too. Plus, there’s something cosy about a hot drink, cold weather and a good book.
5. Multitasking: Music or TV while reading?
I like background noise but I don’t generally have anything on – it tends to distract me if I’ve chosen the song/show because I’ll concentrate on that instead. There’s never a lack of background noise in this house, though!
6. One book at a time or several at once?
One, generally speaking – I have two on the go at the moment though.
7. Reading at home or everywhere?
Anywhere, but I prefer at home/somewhere on my own.
8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
In my head, it comes more naturally to me – I even used to read to my youngest brother and start reading in my head without realising. I like hearing poetry but I still don’t really read it aloud.
9. Do you read ahead or even skip pages?
Nooooo! You never know what you might ruin or miss!
10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
Keep it like new – or, I don’t intend to break spines, I can’t say they all stay nice here though!
11. Do you write in your books?
Not really, I did for course books sometimes but not pleasure reading.
12. Who do you tag?
Anyone who wants to do it – comment below to tell me your reading habits!
See you soon,